More locations of interest in Canterbury, as well as in Auckland, are expected to be released throughout the day after two people tested positive for Covid-19 in Christchurch.
There are currently 291 locations of interest across New Zealand and 427 exposure events.
Five new locations of interest have been announced in the 6pm update ranging from Whangārei in the north to Auckland and Christchurch.
• McDonalds Raumanga: Raumanga, near Whangārei. Wed, Oct 20, 11.31am-11.45am.
• Gold Star BakeryHillcrest, Auckland. Fri, Oct 22, 11.15am-12.29pm.
• Mobil Clearview KohimaramaKohimarama, Auckland. Sat, Oct 23, 11.30am-12.30pm.
• Waimairi TakeawayBryndwr, Christchurch. Sat, Oct 23, 4.15pm-5.15pm.
• Pak'nSave PukekoheAuckland. Sat, Oct 23, 4.30pm-5pm.
• KFC Point Chevalier: Auckland. Tue, Oct 19, 5.30pm-6.30pm.
• Four Square KaiwakaMangawhai. Thu, Oct 21, 11am-11.15am and 2.20pm-2.30pm.
• Caltex KaiwakaMangawhai. Fri Oct 22, 7.45am-8am.
• Pukekohe Spice MartAuckland. Fri Oct 22, 9am-6pm.
• Countdown SunnynookAuckland. Fri, Oct 22, 3.50pm-4.45pm.
• Repco Greenlane Auckland. Sat, Oct 23, 3.20pm-3.55pm.
• West Harbour Superette Auckland. Tue, Oct 26, 9.14am-10.29am.
• FreshChoice BarringtonAuckland. Wed, Oct 27, 11.46am-1pm.
• Four Square Hobsonville Auckland. Wed, Oct 20, 5.45pm-6.30pm.
• Countdown Point Chevalier Auckland. Tue, Oct 26, 7pm-9pm.
• Bus 983 Hibiscus Coast station to Gulf Harbour via Vipond Rd: Auckland. Fri, Oct 22, 12.45pm-12.57pm.
• Countdown Glenfield: Corner of Bentley Ave & Glenfield Rd, Glenfield. Tues, Oct 19, 11am-11.40am.
• Bus 983 Gulf Harbour to Hibiscus Coast Station: Auckland. Fri, Oct 22, 1.10pm-1.40pm.
Health officials have released 13 locations of interest or exposure events in Christchurch so far after yesterday's news of the positive cases in the Garden City.
They include several dairies, a number of takeaways including a Burger King, a petrol station and a New World supermarket in the suburb of Bishopdale, where authorities say the two Christchurch cases live.
The latest anyone with the virus has been out in the community around the country, according to the locations of interest list, was two days ago - in Bishopdale.
A Covid-positive person was at Kens Takeaways, on Sawyers Arms Rd, late on Wednesday afternoon between 4pm and 5pm.
The official advice for anyone who was there at the same time is to monitor your health for 14 days after being exposed and get a test if Covid symptoms develop during that time.
In Auckland, the latest anyone with Covid was out and about was three days ago in the West Auckland suburbs of Glendene and Henderson.
Four places of interest have been identified in those suburbs on Tuesday.
Auckland locations visited by positive cases on Tuesday
• Hepburn Superette: 2 Phelps Place, Glendene. Tues, Oct 26, 3.05pm-3.10pm.
• West Liquor Glendene: 224 Great North Rd, Glendene. 2.26pm-2.31pm.
• Manhattan Superette: 4/1 Thornlow St, Glendene. 2.59pm-3.05pm.
• Countdown Lincoln Rd: 185 Universal Drive, Henderson. 11.20am-11.45am.
A person with the virus was at the Countdown Lincoln Rd supermarket - on the corner of Universal Drive and Lincoln Rd - between 11.20am and 11.45am.
The three locations affected in Glendene are the Hepburn Superette on Phelps Place - visited by a person with the virus for five minutes between 3.05pm and 3.10pm - and the West Liquor outlet on Great North Rd between 2.26pm and 2.31pm.
The third location of interest in Glendene is the Manhattan Superette, on Thornlow St, which was affected between 2.59pm to 3.05pm that day.
Health officials say people who were at any of those places during those times should monitor their health for a fortnight after being exposed and get a Covid test if symptoms start to show.