1. Follow your nose - Essential oils such as lavender, jasmine or camomile (or thyme if you snore) can be used in a hot bath with Epsom salts, by rubbing them on your feet or palms before bed, or putting a few drops on your pillow.
2. Breathe deeply - to unwind before bed. Relaxation and positive visualisation techniques will help restore focus after a busy day.
3. Watch your diet - and limit caffeine intake after 4pm. Don't eat too late in the day.
4. Get comfy - Your surroundings should be comfortable in bed with fresh air, clean sheets and dim lighting.
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
5. Make the transition - Listen to relaxing music, or take a slow walk outside to look at the stars for perspective on any niggling worries.