NZME and Public Trust Rightful Owners Campaign Terms and Conditions
1. NZME and Public Trust are running a campaign called 'Rightful Owners' ('The
2. Prior to the Campaign commencing, Public Trust purchased 12 items. The Campaign will involve Public Trust seeking to re-unite these items with the original owner of the item ('Rightful Owner').
3. The Campaign commences at 5.00am on 8 November 2015 and closes on 6 December at midnight ('the Campaign Period').
4. The 12 items in the Campaign are outlined in the table below:
5. Throughout the Campaign Period, Public Trust will be asking individuals to submit information that may demonstrate their claim as the Rightful Owner of an item, or provide information to Public Trust as to the actual Rightful Owner of an item. This information can be provided at:
www.facebook.com/therightfulowners or www.therightfulowners.co.nz or by calling 0800 327 994 during the Campaign Period.
6. By submitting information through any of the above methods, an individual will be deemed 'a Participant' for the purposes of these Terms and Conditions. If Public Trust receives working contact information about a possible Rightful Owner from a third party, prior to investigating further or using that information, Public Trust will contact the possible Rightful Owner and seek their permission to be a Participant of the Campaign in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Participation is open to all New Zealand residents aged 18 and over.
7. At the conclusion of the Campaign Period, NZME and Public Trust may choose to gift the item to an individual who, to the satisfaction of NZME and Public Trust, acting in their absolute discretion, is the Rightful Owner (whether or not they are a Participant for the purposes of these Terms and Conditions). NZME and Public Trust are under no obligation to gift all of the items and may decide not to gift any or all of the items as they determine, in their absolute discretion.
8. Items have been purchased from TradeMe and second hand shops for the sole purpose of being used during the Campaign and are the property of Public Trust.
9. At any time, Public Trust may withdraw an item from the Campaign.
10. NZME and Public Trust will make reasonable efforts to identify the Rightful Owner of each item. NZME and Public Trust reserve the right to make such enquiries as they deem appropriate to verify the validity of any ownership claim to an item. This may include asking for more information and proof of identify.
11. NZME and Public Trust reserve absolute discretion to disqualify any Participant from the Campaign. These reasons may include (but are not limited to) tampering with the claim process, or submitting a claim that in the opinion of NZME and Public Trust is false or not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
12. Should more than one claim be received in relation to an item, NZME and Public Trust will decide, in their absolute discretion, which Participant (if any) is the Rightful Owner. All decisions of NZME and Public Trust are final and not open to appeal in any forum. Neither NZME nor Public Trust make any guarantee or provide any warranty that the items will be returned to their actual original owners, nor will they accept or consider any claims for ownership received outside the Campaign Period.
13. As part of the Campaign, Participants may be asked to provide text, photos, film footage, audio (including through the recording of telephone calls) or other information and documentation (referred to from here on as 'Material') to NZME and Public Trust. Participants grant NZME and Public Trust a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display such Material (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any other form.
14. Participant's warrant that they own the Copyright in any Material they provide to Public Trust, or otherwise have the ability to grant a licence to Public Trust in relation to that Material in accordance with the above clause.
15. Participants may also be asked by NZME and Public Trust to take part in subsequent recordings and publicity and promotional activity. Participants consent to NZME and Public Trust using their likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or audio recording of the same) in any media, across the world and online, for an unlimited period of time without remuneration or compensation.
16. NZME and Public Trust reserve the right to extend, cancel or amend the Campaign or the terms and conditions at any time. Updated terms and conditions will be made available at www.therightfulowners.co.nz
17. Information published by Public Trust and NZME for the purposes of the Campaign is for the exclusive use of Public Trust and NZME and must not be copied, adapted, modified, reproduced or used by any other person or organisation without the consent of Public Trust and NZME.
1. By participating in the campaign, Public Trust and NZME will collect a variety of personal information, including your name, contact information, information about your claim as the Rightful Owner of an item, and potentially audio or visual media you provide or we record (for example, video footage you submit or telephone conversations we record).
2. Public Trust and NZME may also collect the personal information of third parties included in your claim.
(a) Prior to providing Public Trust and NZME the personal information of third parties, you must ensure they are aware that Public Trust and NZME will handle their personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice, and authorise you providing their information to Public Trust.
(b) Alternatively, if (a) is not possible, you warrant that you do not know how to contact the individual and/or that it is not reasonably practical to seek their authorisation to provide information to Public Trust and NZME.
3. Public Trust and NZME collect this personal information to do all things required or desirable for the Campaign, including administering and running the Campaign and using and disclosing the information in the manner set out in the Terms and Conditions. This includes finding and making contact with the Rightful Owners of the items, as well as engaging in publicity activities with any Rightful Owner (should they agree to do so).
4. Public Trust and NZME will handle personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
5. If you choose not to provide all requested information, you may not be able to participate in the Campaign.
6. You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information Public Trust or NZME hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you'd like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at:
Phone: 0800 371 471
Post: The Privacy Officer
PO Box 5067
Phone: 09 979 2781
PO Box 32,