TERMS OF ENTRY
Information on How to Enter and all details on the entry form (web) form part of these Terms. To the extent of any inconsistency, the Terms below prevail. By entering, you accept these Terms.
1. Entry is open to New Zealand residents only. Anyone employed by (and any immediate family member of someone employed by) APN New Zealand Ltd, NZ Book Month, any of the contributing publishers and any agencies associated with these companies/parties and Herald retailers are ineligible to enter. APN is APN New Zealand Limited (and its related companies).
2. There will be one (1) winner. The winner will receive the 52 pre-selected books upfront, with each participating publisher delivering the books they are supplying to the promotion directly to the winner. The 52 books that make up the prize package are:
- Day She Cradled Me by Sacha De Bazin
- Phantom by Jo Nesbo
- Soldier's Wife by Joanna Trollope
- In the Absence of Heroes by Anthony McCarten
- Letters of Frank Sargeson Sarah Shieff
- Private Games by James Patterson
- Good Harvest
- RNZAF History by Margaret McCLure
- The Affair by Lee Child
- Great Mates: 30 Stories for NZ Children, edited by Barbara Else, illustrated by Philip Webb
- Death on Demand by Paul Thomas
- This Way to Spaceship by Rhys Darby
- The Passage by Justin Cronin
- The Lucky One FTI by Nicholas Sparks
- The Next Always by Nora Roberts
- The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
- The Gods of Gotham by Lyndsay Faye
- Journey by Pippa Blake
- Country Calendar Cookbook by Allyson Gofton
- Zen Under Fire: A New Zealand Woman's Story of Love & War in Afghanistan by Marianne Elliott
- Trapped: Remarkable Stories of Survival from the 2011 Canterbury Earthquake by Martin Van Beynen
- Tu by Patricia Grace
- Hairy Maclary and Friends: A Touch & Feel Book by Lynley Dodd
- Black: The History Of Black In Fashion, Society and Culture In New Zealand by New Zealand Fashion Museum
- Pounamu Pounamu 40th Anniversary edition by Witi Ihimaera
- New Zealand in the Twentieth Century by Paul Moon
- Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
- Hand Me Down by Michelle Holman
- Trial by Ambush: the prosecutions of David Bain by Joe Karam
- The Hobbit by J R R Tolkien
- Open by Andre Agassi
- Yates Garden Guide
- Mike McRoberts: Beyond the Front Line
- The Sins of the Father by Jeffrey Archer
- Home Front by Kristin Hannah
- Quiet the Mind by Matthew Johnstone
- Switched by Amanda Hocking
- Fall of Giants by Ken Follett
- Heartstone by C J Sansom
- The Language of Flowers: A Miscellany by Mandy Kirkby and Vanessa Diffenbaugh
- The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
Allen and Unwin
- Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult
- Currawalli Street by Christopher Morgan
- Waiting for Sunrise by William Boyd
- The Memory Tree by Tess Evans
- The Expats by Chris Pavone
- After Cleo by Helen Brown
- The Mothers' Group by Fiona Higgins
- Capital by John Lanchester
- Rin Tin Tin by Susan Orlean
- Look at Me by Jennifer Egan
3. The prizes will be delivered to the winner in April, 2012, via a secure and pre-paid delivery service.
4. APN New Zealand Ltd, and NZ Book Month reserve the right to change any Terms & Conditions without any prior notice.
5. The promoter reserves the right to announce or publish the winner's name and/or photograph for publicity purposes.
6. Winners will be notified by phone. If the prize is not claimed within 7 days from the draw date APN may re-draw a new winner. APN's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Prize cannot be exchanged for cash, credit or service and no exchange communications will be entered into.
7. Neither APN New Zealand nor NZ Book Month are liable for any loss, damage or injury (including without limitation indirect or consequential loss) suffered by any person in connection with the promotion or any prize, except for any liability under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 or other liability that cannot be excluded by law.
8. All entries are deemed received at the time received into APN's database and NOT at time of transmission by the entrant. APN's records are conclusive as to time of receipt. Late, lost, stolen, misdirected, illegal, incomplete, illegible, damaged, reproduced, or altered entries are invalid. APN is not responsible for such entries nor for any error, technical malfunction, loss, omission, communications delay or failure.
9. APN reserves the right to verify the validity of any entry. APN may disqualify any person who enters a keyword more than once or otherwise tampers with the process or fails to comply with these Terms.
10. Entrants are identified by the email address used to submit the entry. Any prize won by a web entrant will be awarded to the holder of the email address (or that person's parent/guardian) from which that entry was submitted. APN takes no responsibility for disputes resulting from entries submitted using an email address belonging to any other person.
11. Entries become the property of APN. In accordance with the Privacy Act 1993, APN collects personal information and APN holds personal information to conduct the promotion, notify prize winners, verify prize winners' identities and may be used by APN for future promotional activities, including (where consented to) sending the entrant emails. Individuals have rights to access and request correction of their personal information held by APN and NZ Book Month by calling 0800 100 888 (APN) and 04 472 1908 (NZ Book Month). Failure to provide all requested personal information may result in the entry being invalid.
12. Each entrant agrees that, if he or she wins a prize, his or her details (including name, suburb/town, and photo) may be published in the Herald (print and/or online) and used for other publicity purposes.
13. APN New Zealand Ltd (APN) is the promoter and it's registered office is located at 46 Albert St, Auckland City.