She is one of the most searched for star's on Pornhub, but Mia Khalifa's 11 X-rated films could soon disappear for good.

The former porn star has tried and failed to have her videos removed from Pornhub and BangBros, describing her three-month stint in 2014 as a decision that will "haunt her for the rest of her life".

But now her fans have stepped in, creating a Change.org petition that has already seen nearly 2 million signatures demanding the adult sites remove the content.

READ MORE:
Mia Khalifa: Popular Pornhub star's warning to women
Mia Khalifa is still the highest searched star on Pornhub despite changing careers
Controversial porn scene that lead to Mia Khalifa's death threats
Burj Khalifa in Dubai lights up with New Zealand flag for Waitangi Day

Advertisement

"Mia and her team have provided countless financial offers to the current owners of her domain name and pornographic videos to no avail," the Justice for Mia petition read.

"Big corporations are not giving Mia Khalifa a fair chance to demand her content in court due to financial advantage.

"We are demanding her domain names be returned, her videos be removed and fairly discussed in court without putting Mia Khalifa into deep financial ruin. Mia has stated her regret for her decisions in the porn industry multiple times."

It comes after the 27-year-old begged girls to not go into the industry, slamming it as "toxic".

"That hourly dissociative attack from remembering hundreds of millions of people's only impression of you is solely based on the lowest, most toxic, most uncharacteristic three months of your life when you were 21," Khalifa said on TikTok last week.

Despite being hugely popular in the industry, Mia says she only made $17,000 for her videos from porn website BangBros, and hasn't received any money from them since.

"I just want BangBros to stop actively putting me in harm's way by promoting my 6-year-old videos like they're new, making millions of ppl think I'm still active," she wrote on Twitter.

"The death threats are emotionally crippling, I haven't felt safe even going to the grocery store alone in years."

Advertisement

One of the videos that caused a particular stir was when the now popular Lebanese-American Instagram star, who was raised a Catholic, wore an Islamic headscarf, which caused her to receive death threats from Islamic State.

She had only been in the porn industry a few months when a director told her she would be required to wear the cultural head piece while "performing".

"I said to him 'you're going to get me f***ing killed'," she told BBC Radio's 5 Live in 2018.

To this day, Khalifa continues to seek therapy for trauma, emotional distress and the consequences of bullying, according to the petition organisers.

"Those 11 videos will haunt me until I die, and I don't want another girl to go through that – because no one should," Khalifa recently told her millions of social media followers.

She took to her Instagram on Wednesday to thank her fans for their ongoing support and seeing her for who she really is.

Advertisement

Khalifa also made an announcement that she will star alongside Egyptian actor Amr Waked in season two of Ramy, on Stan.

"I want to thank @ramy for this surreal opportunity, and for being so kind, and so understanding, and for giving me a voice on his show," she wrote on Instagram.