|2 bags||Taylor Farms Southwest Chopped Salad kits|
|2||fresh corn, husks and silks removed|
|2||Avocados, peeled and pitted (one will be used for dressing)|
|1 can||Black beans, drained and rinsed|
|1 packet||Cherry tomatoes, sliced|
|½||red onion, thinly sliced and quartered|
|4 Tbsp||Milk, (for dressing)|
|½||Limes, plus additional for serving (optional)|
|1 pinch||Salt and pepper|
|0||Tortilla chips, for serving|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Open the Taylor Farms salad package and remove the dressing/topping packet from the bag. Empty salad contents into a large serving bowl and set aside.
- Preheat a gas grill or grill pan to medium-high. Place ears of corn and whole bell peppers onto the hot grill and lightly char on all sides. Alternatively, if you have a gas stove you can also place corn and peppers directly over the flame to roast, turning often until lightly toasted on all sides.
- Slice peppers in half and discard seeds and stem. Slice peppers and add to the salad.
- Cut kernels off the cob and add to the salad, along with one sliced avocado, drained black beans, tomatoes, cucumber, and onion. Top with salt and pepper and gently toss together until ingredients are well blended. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- For the dressing, blend the two cilantro dressing packets from the salad kit along with the other peeled and pitted avocado, and the juice of ½ lime in a blender until creamy. Add milk of choice a tablespoon at a time and blend until dressing is thin enough to drizzle. Blend in a pinch of salt, if needed. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Before serving, top salad with tortilla strips and pumpkin seed mix from the kit. Serve with additional tortilla chips, lime wedges, and the avocado-cilantro dressing. Serves 4-6.
Recipe courtesy of Wifemamafoodie.