Simon Bridges is this weeks' guest on the brand-new podcast from The Hits, The Humble Yum Yum, hosted by Ganesh Raj. The Humble Yum Yum explores Food, Family and Fame, and each week Ganesh & his celebrity guest create a recipe that can feed 4 people for under $20. Simon's description of his dream meal, that includes everything from oysters to sorbet, leads Ganesh to create a delicious but inexpensive dinner of steak & frites.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
|400g||Countdown Cook Peppered NZ Beef Steaks Grass Fed|
|1 sprig||Fresh Rosemary|
|1 kgs||Countdown Potatoes Fries|
|400g||Unsalted Butter (softened)|
|1 tbl||Countdown Red wine vinegar|
|Zest and juice of one Lemon|
|Countdown Olive oil|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Pre -heat oven to 200 Deg.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Add the fries from the pack to the pan. Add 1 tbl of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Cook the potatoes till golden brown.
- Heat a pan, over a medium heat. Add oil to the pan. Once the oil starts to smoke, add the steaks to the pan. Cook on one side for 3 mins.
- Add the rosemary, garlic and butter. Baste the steak for 2 mins. Remove the meat and let it rush. Empty out all the oil and juices into the resting pan. Let the steak rest for at least 30 mins.
- Slice the steaks. Separate them into 4 portions.
- Time to assemble. Start with the steaks on the bottom. Next is the fries. On to fries, add the resting juices from the pan.
- Combine the rocket, 2 tbl olive oil, red wine vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Stack a handful of salad on the fries.