A beautifully moist but light citrus cake recipe with a hint of nutty flavor. Macadamia oil makes the cake lighter. Gluten-free friendly.
|3||Oranges, 2 cut into thin rounds (Main)|
|½ cup||Olivado Extra Virgin Macadamia Nut Oil|
|4||Woodland eggs (Main)|
|175 g||Raw sugar|
|175 g||Fresh Life Ground Almonds|
|2 tsp||Chantal Organics Baking Powder|
|2 tsp||Taylor Pass Beech Honeydew Honey|
Lemon yoghurt glaze
|1 cup||Greek yoghurt|
|½ cup||Icing sugar|
|1 tsp||Lemon juice|
|1||Lemon, 1 tsp grated zest + long peel for garnish|
|¼ cup||Fresh Life Macadamia Nuts|
|1 Tbsp||Taylor Pass Beech Honeydew Honey|
|1 Tbsp||Raw sugar|
- Line a 20cm cake tin and heat oven to 170°C.
- Place washed whole orange and lemon in a saucepan and cover with water. Boil for 30 minutes then remove and allow to cool.
- Blend boiled orange and lemon in a food processor until mushy. Add the oil, raw sugar, eggs, ground almonds and baking powder and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle honey into cake tin then line with orange slices. Spoon batter into prepared tin and bake for 40 mins.
- For the candied macadamia : In a small bowl, combine macadamias, honey and sugar. Toss well to cover each macadamia with the honey and sugar. On a lined baking tray, place macadamias in a single layer (separate them) and place in the oven to bake for 8-10 minutes until caramelised and golden brown. Cool & set aside.
- For the lemon yoghurt glaze : In a bowl, mix yoghurt, icing sugar and grated lemon zest. Cover and rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Decorate the cake with yoghurt glaze, lemon peel and candied macadamias.