Mitch James is this weeks' guest on the brand new podcast from The Hits, The Humble Yum Yum, hosted by Ganesh Raj. The Humble Yum Yum explores Food, Family and Fame, and each week Ganesh & his celebrity guest create a recipe that can feed 4 people for under $20. Mitch's sweet tooth and obsession with the Unholy Donut leads Ganesh to prepare us a recipe for delicious, homemade donuts that anyone can make and everyone will love!
Prep time: 12 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Makes: Between 30 and 35 mini donuts
|1 tbl||White vinegar|
Mini 'Bro'- Nuts ingredients
|500g||Countdown Raspberry Jam|
|2 tsp||Baking powder|
|1/4 cup||Coconut sugar|
|3 tbl||Butter (melted)|
|Pinch of Salt|
|Oil for frying|
|Icing Sugar for dusting|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
1. Mix the flour, baking powder and coconut sugar in a bowl.
2. Make the Buttermilk. (Make this at least 1 hour in advance)
a. Combine the milk and the vinegar in a cup.
b. Stir and set aside.
3. In a separate mixer, combine the melted butter and buttermilk.
4. Pour the wet mix into the dry mix and fold in. Do not overwork. Just folding gently
to combine, will do.
5. Roll the dough into balls about 1 tsp in size.
6. Heat oil in a pan that goes up at least half-way up to height of the ball. A medium
heat will do.
7. Fry a small batch of balls at a time. Do not crowd the pan. When one side is golden
brown, flip it over and finish the other side.
8. Once the other side is golden brown, remove the donuts and set aside on a paper
towel to drain.
9. Spoon the raspberry jam into a piping syringe. Push the nozzle into the donut and
pipe the jam in. Just enough to get a taste.
10. Dust the donuts with sugar and serve.