Kim Crossman is this weeks' guest on the brand new podcast from The Hits, The Humble Yum Yum, hosted by Ganesh Raj. The Humble Yum Yum explores Food, Family and Fame, and each week Ganesh & his celebrity guest create a recipe that can feed 4 people for under $20. Kim is all about vegetable curries right now which inspires Ganesh to conjure up a hearty dish of vegetable curry.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
|1/2 tsp||fennel seeds|
|1/2 tsp||pepper corns|
|2 cups||Onions (sliced)|
|2 tbl||Ginger (minced)|
|2 tbl||Garlic (minced)|
|3 tbl||Indian Curry Powder|
|4 cups||Frozen Vegetables|
|2 cans||Essentials Tomatoes Diced|
|Coriander stalks and leaves|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
Serve with rice.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pot. Get it hot! Fry the fresh spices for 20 seconds.
- Reduce heat to medium and fry the onions and garlic/ginger mix till soft.
- Add the curry powder and cook out on a low to medium heat for between 5-7 mins.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for between 6-8 mins. Medium heat.
- Add coriander stems and mix well. Simmer on low to medium for between 7-10 mins.
- Add vegetables and mix well. Cook for 5 mins.
- Take the curry off the heat and mix in the fresh coriander leaves.
- Do a final season to taste for seasoning.
- Serve with cooked rice.