A buttery vegetarian curry that brings everyone to the table.
Enjoy this beautiful, buttery vegetarian curry all year round. Filled with fragrant flavours and garnished with fresh Anchor Cream to add body and depth. Kevin Pereira's curry is a must to spice up any get together with family and friends.
|3/4 cup||Anchor Butter|
|4||tomatoes chopped, or use a 400g can chopped tomatoes|
|1 tsp||tomato purée|
|4-5||cardamom pods, roughly bashed|
|1 small||cinnamon stick|
|4||cashew nuts, finely chopped and soaked in water until soft|
|1 cm piece||ginger, peeled and finely grated|
|250g||store bought paneer, cut into medium cubes|
|1 tbsp||fenugreek leaves|
|1 tsp||garam masala|
|80 ml||Anchor Cream, to garnish|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Melt 1 tsp Anchor Butter and 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan over a low-medium heat until sizzling (watch closely so the Anchor Butter doesn't burn). Add the tomatoes, tomato purée, cardamom pods, cinnamon stick.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes over a medium heat, stirring occasionally. After 10 mins, remove from the heat, leave to cool, then remove the cinnamon stick and cardamom pods.
- Once cooled, tip the tomatoes and purée mixture and the cashew nuts into a blender and blitz to a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Return the pan to a medium heat, add the remaining Anchor Butter and oil and cook the ginger for a minute. Reduce the heat to low. Tip in the tomato and cashew paste and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add sugar and paneer. Mix well and cook for a few more minutes. Add the fenugreek leaves and garam masala. Mix well. Stir in up to 100ml water to loosen, then remove from the heat.
- Garnish with the Anchor Cream.
- Served with buttered naan.