Crispy crumbed chicken, creamy slaw and charred corn in a taco – we promise, this combo is love at first bite! And second bite, and third bite…
|1 drizzle||Olive oil|
|300 g||Tinned sweetcorn|
|1 Tbsp||All-American spice blend|
|110 g||Panko breadcrumbs|
|640 g||Sliced chicken breast|
|300 g||Coleslaw mix|
|100 g||Garlic aioli|
|2 tsp||White wine vinegar|
|16||Mini flour tortillas|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Roughly chop the tomato. Drain the sweetcorn (see ingredients).
- Heat a large frying pan over a high heat. Add the sweetcorn and cook, tossing, until lightly charred, 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. TIP: Cover the pan with a lid if the kernels are "popping" out.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the salt and all-American spice blend, then season with pepper. In a second shallow bowl, whisk the eggs. In a third shallow bowl, place the panko breadcrumbs. Dip the chicken breast strips into the spice blend, followed by the egg, and finally into the panko breadcrumbs. Set aside on a plate.
- Return the frying pan to a medium-high heat with enough olive oil to coat the base of the pan. When the oil is hot, cook the crumbed chicken strips until golden on the outside and cooked through, 3-4 minutes each side (cook in batches if your pan is getting crowded). Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel and season salt and pepper. TIP: Add more oil between batches as needed.
- While the chicken is cooking, add the slaw mix, white wine vinegar and 1/2 the garlic aioli to the charred corn. Season with salt and pepper, then toss to coat. Heat the mini flour tortillas in a sandwich press or on a plate in the microwave for 10 second bursts, until warmed through.
- Bring everything to the table to serve. Build your tacos by spreading a layer of the remaining garlic aioli over a tortilla. Top with the charred corn slaw, tomato and crumbed chicken strips. Tear over the coriander.