Tiramisu is the perfect pick-me-up dessert to serve at Christmas after a decadent lunch. The combination of espresso with fresh summer berries is lovely. Prepare the tiramisu in glasses or jars on Christmas eve to let the flavours mull and give yourself more time with family and friends on the big day.
|1 tsp||Instant coffee, dissolved in 1 tsp of hot water|
|1/4 cup||Thickened cream|
|1/2 tsp||Vanilla bean paste|
|1 cup||Black coffee, cooled|
|1/2 cup||Kahlua, optional|
|1/2 cup||Fresh Life Pistachios, roughly chopped|
|100g||Chocolate, in peels|
|1 1/2 cups||Fresh berries|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- In two bowls divide eggs into 3 yolks and 2 egg whites. Set aside.
- Add egg yolks and sugar to your KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer and beat until light and pale. Add vanilla bean paste, thickened cream and mascarpone to the stand mixer and beat until smooth.
- Add egg whites to a large bowl. Using your hand mixer beat egg whites until they form soft peaks. Fold into the kitchenaid bowl. Set aside.
- Mix coffee with kahlua (if using). Break lady fingers into smaller pieces to fit your glasses.
- To assemble: Layer sponge fingers into the jars. Pour the kahlua coffee over then layer with cream mix, fresh berries, chocolate peels and pistachio nuts. Pop in the fridge for a few hours, or overnight.
KitchenAid Cordless 7-Speed Hand Mixer
KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer