Carlos Spencer is this weeks' guest on the brand new podcast from The Hits, The Humble Yum Yum, hosted by Ganesh Raj. The Humble Yum Yum explores Food, Family and Fame, and each week Ganesh & his celebrity guest create a recipe that can feed 4 people for under $20. Carlos can't walk past a good steak, egg & chips dinner and Ganesh puts an exotic spin on it creating a mouth watering eggs shakshuka - heart-warming comfort food that's easy to make & easy on the wallet.
Prep time: 12 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Serves: 4 people
|1||Fresh Produce Capsicum Red (sliced)|
|4 cloves||Garlic (chopped)|
|1 tsp||Dried Mixed Herbs|
|1 cup||Chopped Spinach|
|2 cups||Potatoes (cubed and cooked)|
|2 cans||Chopped tomatoes|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Peel, cube and cook the potatoes. Set aside.
- Heat some oil over a medium heat.
- Add the onions and capsicum and fry till the onions are translucent.
- Add the garlic, herbs, cumin, paprika, 2 tbl coriander and chilli and spices and cook for 1 min.
- Add the meat and cook for 1min.
- Pour the tomatoes in and simmer for 15 mins.
- At some point, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chopped spinach and cook for a min.
- Add the potatoes. Mix everything gently.
- Make a well in the middle and break the egg into it.
- Put the lid on and cook the egg or done to the way you like it.
- Garnish with coriander and serve.