A three layered ball of goodness. First, you bite into the crispiness of the golden shell, then meet the faintly sweet soft donut layer. Inside is a dreamingly creamy hot banana. Everybody will love these banana bombs. Just amazing!
|1 ½ cups||Plain flour|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|2 Tbsp||Caster sugar|
|330 ml||Emersons 1812 Pale Ale (Main)|
|4||Dole Bananas, peeled and cut into chunks (Main)|
|1 serving||Olivado liquid coconut oil, for deep frying|
|2 Tbsp||Icing sugar|
|1 tsp||Ground cinnamon|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Start heating oil for deep frying to medium hot (180C).
- Shift flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Add the sugar and cold beer. Gently mix until well combined.
- Drop a teaspoon of batter into oil. If it floats straight to the top, oil is ready for cooking.
- Dip a piece of banana in the batter, coating it well. Gently drop into oil. Repeat until about half the oil surface is occupied by the cooking fritters. Do not over crowd the oil. Once the batter is golden, flip over to cook on the other side (about a minute on each side).
- Once the banana fritter is golden on both sides, remove from oil with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel to absorb any excess oil. Cook all the fritters in batches.
- Mix icing sugar and cinnamon. Dust the fritters with cinnamon sugar. Devor white hot!
Tip: Serve with some toffee ice cream to elevate it to a heavenly dessert.