You may not like the thought of warm avocado, but it is surprisingly good. The heat enhances the creamy avo texture and flavour. Here, it is paired with lovely smoked salmon, egg yolk and wasabi to create interesting appetizers to serve with pre dinner drinks. It works well for breakfast or brunch too.
|2||New Zealand Avocados, halved and stone removed (Main)|
|200 g||Regal Wood-Smoked Salmon, skin removed and flaked (Main)|
|1 dash||Lee Kum Kee Gluten Free Soy Sauce|
|½ tsp||Wasabi paste|
|4||Woodland egg, yolks only|
|1 Tbsp||Superb Herb chive, chopped|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Scoop out the avocado flesh and cut into small chunks. In a bowl mix avocado flesh, salmon flakes, chives, mayonnaise, wasabi and soy sauce. Mix thoroughly but try not to mash.
- Place avocado skins in a baking tin, then pile the avo salmon mixture in the bottom of each avocado boat creating a "nest" in the middle. Place an egg yolk in it on each boat.
- Season the egg with a little salt & black paper, then bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or heated through and the egg cooks to your desired consistency.
- Serve warm topped with some extra chives, lemon wedges and a spoon.
To serve:Lemon wedges
Beer Match: Emersons Hazed & Confused Cloudy IPA
Tip: If your avocado boats don’t stand upright, make stands with piles of salt.