|1 cup||Rolled oats|
|1 cup||Wholemeal flour (Main)|
|½ cup||Brown sugar|
|½ cup||Canola oil|
|½ cup||White sugar|
|½ cup||Walnuts, chopped|
|½ tsp||Baking soda|
|½ cup||Chocolate chips|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat the oven to 190degC, with the rack just below the middle.
- Measure the oats into a food processor fitted with the chopping blade and process until they resemble coarse flour. Transfer the processed oats to a large bowl and add the wholemeal flour, baking soda (make sure there are no lumps), salt, chocolate chips, sultanas and walnuts, and stir to combine.
- Put the oil, egg and the sugars in the food processor and process until pale and creamy-looking. Add the vanilla and process again to mix.
- Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Using two spoons, drop small walnut-sized piles of the mixture oven sheets lined with baking paper, leaving 4-5cm between each pile to allow spreading as they cook.
- Place one tray at a time in the middle of the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Cool the cookies on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.