We all love roasted cauliflower but its (often forgotten) old friend broccoli is just as good roasted. We've combined it with black rice and lentils with an aromatic dressing, creamy feta, and crunchy pumpkin seeds for the perfect winter salad.
|2||broccoli heads, cut into bite-sized florets and slice the stems|
|½ cup||black rice|
|400g tin||brown lentils, drained|
|½ cup||coriander, roughly chopped|
|3||spring onions, finely sliced|
|¼ cup||pumpkin seeds, toasted|
|To drizzle||olive oil|
|To taste||salt and pepper|
|¼ cup||olive oil|
|⅓ cup||apple cider vinegar|
|1 tsp||dijon mustard|
|½ tsp||ground cumin|
|½ tsp||ground coriander|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees fan bake.
- Add the chopped broccoli to a large baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until the broccoli is tender and the florets are charred.
- While the broccoli is roasting, cook the rice as per packet instructions.
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a jar or bowl and shake or mix well.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked rice, lentils, feta, coriander, spring onion and pumpkin seeds, pour over the dressing and toss well.
- Lastly, lightly toss through the broccoli and rocket and enjoy!