|1 Tbsp||Golden syrup|
|½ cup||Brown sugar|
|200 g||Unsalted butter, softened|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|1 ½ cups||Self raising flour|
|½ cup||Plain flour|
|1 to spread||Strawberry jam (Main)|
|80 g||Unsalted butter|
|1 cup||Icing sugar, sifted|
|1 tsp||Water, warm|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract (Main)|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- Place the butter and sugar in an electric mixer and beat for 8-10 minutes or until pale and creamy.
- Add the egg, golden syrup, vanilla and flours and beat until a dough forms.
- Roll teaspoonsful of the dough into balls and place on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper. Lightly press to flatten.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until just golden.
- Place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the vanilla filling, place the butter, icing sugar, water and vanilla in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Spread half the biscuits with the filling and jam. Sandwich with the remaining biscuits.