|1 tsp||Baking soda|
|2 cups||Flour, sieved twice|
|½ tsp||Baking powder|
|¼ tsp||Iodised salt|
|200 g||Almond butter, room temperature (Main)|
|¾ cup||Sunflower butter (Main)|
|¾ cup||Caster sugar|
|¾ cup||Brown sugar|
|3 Tbsp||Sunflower seeds, toasted|
|1 ½ tsp||Vanilla paste|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat oven to 150 degC. In a mixing bowl, stir in the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In an electric mixing bowl, beat the butter, sunflower seed butter and the two sugars until light and creamy.
- Add the sunflower seeds, eggs and vanilla, beating well. Gradually add in the flour mixture.
- Weigh 30g balls of cookie dough. Flatten with two chopsticks placed together, place on non-stick parchment paper and freeze for 45 minutes to set the shape.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown, transfer to a cooling rack until crisp then decorate with chocolate icing and a scattering of toasted sunflower seeds.
- Store in an airtight container.