|1 ½ kgs||Berries, fresh, plus extra for garnish (Main)|
|½ cup||Port, or brandy|
|1 loaf||White bread, thinly sliced, crusts removed|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Place berries, sugar and port in a pot and simmer for 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Strain and reserve juice. Cool the fruit.
- Line a 2-litre bowl with plastic wrap, leaving some overhanging.
- Dip bread into reserved juice and line the bowl, cutting bread as necessary to fill spaces.
- Overhanging bread is fine as it can be folded to cover the top.
- Fill bowl with the berries. Cover top with bread. Fold plastic over the bread.
- Place a small plate on top of pudding and place weights on top. Refrigerate overnight.
- Heat remaining juice and thicken with a little cornflour to make a sauce.
- When ready to serve, tip pudding on a plate and remove bowl.
- Decorate with extra berries and pour the sauce over.