This loaf is quick to make and keeps well in an airtight container, making it perfect for packed lunches and snacks. If you are serving this on plates, a great big dollop of Greek yoghurt is a fabulous finishing touch.
|50 g||Dates, soaked in hot water for 15 minutes|
|3||Bananas, ripe (Main)|
|2 Tbsp||Agave syrup, or honey|
|50 g||Butter, softened|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|90 g||Wholemeal flour|
|90 g||Self raising flour|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat an oven to 170C. Line a 22cm x 11cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- Drain the dates and place into a blender. Add the agave and bananas and blend until almost smooth. (A few chunks of banana and date in the mix are okay.)
- Add butter, eggs and vanilla essence and blend to combine.
- Into a bowl place the flours and baking powder. Pour in the wet mixture and stir gently until well combined.
- Place into your lined loaf tin, smooth the top. Cook for 50 minutes until a skewer comes out clean. Remove and cool in the tin for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold with yoghurt. Keep in an airtight container.