Leafy greens are your friend. They are full of goodness and incredibly versatile, so add and them in wherever you can, like in these spinach pies.
|300 g||Spinach leaves (Main)|
|3||Garlic cloves, crushed|
|1 tsp||Allspice, ground|
|1 tsp||Sumac powder|
|1||Lemon, zest of|
|100 g||Goat feta|
|2 sheets||Puff pastry (Main)|
|1 sprinkle||Pine nuts|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Steam spinach leaves until just wilted, then cool. Squeeze out all excess liquid and finely chop.
- Gently fry onion, garlic, ground allspice and bay leaf in 1 Tbsp of oil until onion is translucent. Add chopped spinach, sumac and the lemon zest, and cook until mixture is hot. Add goat's feta and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and season with pepper and the lemon juice. Leave to cool.
- Roll out sheets of puff pastry and cut into 15-20 circles using an 11cm cookie cutter. Add 1 Tbsp spinach mixture to the centre of each, egg wash the edges and fold over into crescent shapes.
- Egg wash the tops, prick with a fork and sprinkle with crushed pine nuts.
- Bake in a 200C oven until golden.