These scrumptious herby fritters would make an excellent starter to a meal.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Serves: 6, as a starter
Ingredients - Topping
|150g||Soft goats cheese|
|2 Tbsp||Superb Herb dill, chopped|
|2 Tbsp||Superb Herb mint, chopped|
|200g||Smoked salmon (slices)|
Ingredients - Courgette fritters
|3 cups||Courgette, grated|
|1 Tbsp||Superb Herb dill, chopped|
|1 Tbsp||Superb Herb mint, chopped|
|1||Free range egg|
|2||Garlic cloves, crushed|
|Olivado extra virgin avocado oil, for frying|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Mix the goat cheese with chopped Superb Herbs in a small bowl. Set aside in the fridge until ready to use.
- For the fritters: Toss grated courgette with salt and place in a colander in the sink. Leave for 10 minutes then pat dry with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Add remaining courgette fritter ingredients to the courgette and mix to combine.
- Heat Olivado extra virgin avocado oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and fry heaped tablespoons of fritter batter for 3 minutes on each side, until cooked and golden. Repeat with remaining fritter mixture.
- Serve courgette fritters loaded with herby goat's cheese and topped with salmon slices. Garnish with extra herbs, if desired.
This content has been created in partnership with Fresh Fast.