Golden delicious apples, with their soft outer skin, are perfect for tarts or baking. The fruit softens evenly and the texture is delightful when baked. For this tart, a little sweetness from the jam mixes with the texture of crunchy, toasted walnuts.
|200 g||Sweet pastry sheet (Main)|
|½ cup||Apricot jam|
|3||Apples, cored, quartered and thinly sliced. I used Golden Delicious (Main)|
|1 Tbsp||Melted butter|
|1 Tbsp||Caster sugar|
|⅓ cup||Toasted walnuts, chopped roughly|
|6 servings||Ice cream|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Roll pastry on a lightly floured bench to fit a 22cm tart tin. Line with baking paper and beans or rice. Bake blind for 15 minutes. Remove pastry and turn the oven down to 165C.
- Spread jam over base of warm pastry. Layer the apples in a circle, continuing until they are all used.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle on the sugar. Return to oven for 25 minutes until the apples are completely soft.
- Sprinkle with toasted walnuts and serve with vanilla icecream.
More apple recipes from Angela
- Apple amd rhubarb sponge pudding
- Tapenade stuffed pork fillet with apple sauce