The lentils, carrots and potatoes can be cooked in advance and reheated in the microwave when needed.
|1 ½ cups||Green lentils, small (Main)|
|6 Tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|2 medium||Carrots, diced 2cm|
|300 g||Potatoes, peeled, diced 2cm|
|12 large||Pork sausages, or 18 smaller ones, use your favourite, (I used the smaller L'Authentique brand Traditional Toulouse Pork sausages) (Main)|
|1 small||Red onion, finely chopped|
|1 stick||Celery, thinly sliced|
|1 handful||Parsley, small, coarsely chopped|
|3 Tbsp||White wine, or cider vinegar|
|150 g||Cherry tomatoes, halved|
|0||Garlic cloves, large, finely chopped|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the lentils and boil gently for 20 minutes or until the lentils are completely tender. Drain well and place in a warm serving bowl. Add 4 Tbsp of the oil and mix well.
- Meanwhile drop the carrots and potatoes into another saucepan of boiling water and boil for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain well and add to the lentils.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over moderate heat and add the sausages. Fry until cooked through and browned.
- Add the onion, celery, parsley, tomatoes, garlic and vinegar to the lentil mixture. Mix well, taste and season. This is the salad.
- Serve the sausages on the salad.