Chef Nerys Whelan has been working in kitchens she was just 16 years old. In early 2019 she adopted a keto diet and noticing a lack of quality, easy-to-follow recipes, she decided to create her own and produced her debut cookbook, The Keto Chef's Kitchen. Here she shares a delicious keto "sweet" treat with us. Makes 16 portions.
Nutritional information per portion:
Net carbs 3.8g Fibre 3.9g Fat 29.9g Portein 4.9g Net calories 317
For the base:
|8g||Splenda, or other powdered sweetener|
For the filling:
|2 tsp||raspberry essence|
|1½ tsp||gelatine powder|
|1 tsp||vanilla paste|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Melt the butter and mix it with the rest of the base ingredients. Spread evenly on the bottom and sides of a greased 30cm tart tin and leave to set in the fridge.
- Heat the 450ml of cream in a small pot with the raspberry essence until it simmers.
- Roughly chop the chocolate and put it in a bowl. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and cover for 5 minutes, then stir until smooth and creamy.
- Heat the 50ml of cream and gelatine in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir and mix into the chocolate.
- Allow it to cool for 5 minutes at room temperature, not in the fridge.
- Whip the 150ml of cream with the vanilla and cinnamon and fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into the tart case and set in the fridge for around 4 hours.
This torte freezes really well in an airtight container.
To read more about Nerys Whelan, click here.