Makes about 20
|250 g||Prawns (Main)|
|100 g||Toasted cashew nuts|
|2||Spring onions, (sliced)|
|½ cup||Fresh coriander|
|2 tsp||Caster sugar|
|1 Tbsp||Fish sauce|
|1 packet||Spring roll wrappers, (small if available)|
|1 clove||Garlic, (finely chopped)|
|½ cup||Sweet chilli sauce|
|1||Lemon, (juice of)|
|2 tsp||Sesame oil|
|1 Tbsp||Water, (boiling)|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- A food processor can be used to combine the ingredients or it can be done by hand if a chunkier texture is preferred.
- The first seven ingredients need to be combined and left to rest while the papers are being prepared.
- Have a small bowl of water nearby. On a dry surface lay one sheet of pastry at a time.
- Place a spoonful of mixture at the edge nearest to you and then carefully fold the sides over.
- Moisten edges of pastry with a little water then fold to form a parcel. Continue to use up all of the mixture.
- Remaining pastry can be frozen.
- Heat oil in a fry pan and shallow fry until golden, drain on paper towels.
- For dipping sauce, gently combine all ingredients.