|16 large||Prawns, shell-on, heads off (Main)|
|2||Corn cobs (Main)|
|2||Lemons, use the zest and juice (Main)|
|1||Garlic clove, minced|
|1 bunch||Coriander leaves, chopped (reserve some leaves for garnish) (Main)|
|8||Corn tortillas, or use flour tortillas (Main)|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- In a pot of boiling water, cook the prawns for 2 minutes until they turn red. Refresh in ice water. Peel the shells off the body and devein the prawns. Set aside.
- Cut the corn in half and char on all sides using a barbecue or gas flame. Once charred, run a knife along the cob from top to bottom to get the kernels off.
- Cut avocados in half, twist then use a spoon to scoop out the flesh. Slice the halves and set aside.
- In medium-sized bowl, mix the lemon zest and juice, garlic, chopped coriander leaves and mayonnaise. Check the seasoning and add salt if required.
- Cook tortillas according to packet instructions.
- Assemble the tacos by spreading a dollop of the coriander lemon mayo on each tortilla, add 2 prawns per taco, slices of avocado and some corn. Garnish each taco with coriander leaves and serve with any remaining coriander lemon mayo.