Salted coconut caramel
|6 Tbsp||Coconut sugar|
|1 cup||Coconut cream (Main)|
|1 pinch||Flaky sea salt|
|1 tsp||Vanilla extract|
|4||Nectarines, halved and de-stoned (Main)|
|3 Tbsp||Coconut sugar|
|200 g||Labneh, or icecream|
|200 g||Raspberries, fresh|
|50 g||Hokey pokey, or Crunchie bar|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- In a heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat melt the coconut sugar with ¼ cup water. Bring to a simmer, continue simmering for a few minutes.
- Add the coconut cream, stirring constantly (it will splatter a bit). Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the caramel starts to thicken.
- Remove from the heat, stir through the salt and vanilla. The caramel will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Heat the oven grill to 200C and place the nectarines on a baking paper-lined oven tray. Sprinkle the coconut sugar evenly over the top of the nectarines and grill for 20 minutes until the sugar has caramelised.
- Place the nectarines on a serving platter, dollop a spoonful of yoghurt or icecream on to each one, pour over some of the caramel sauce then top with raspberries and crumbled hokey pokey.