These muffins are light, fluffy and extra lemony. You could also add sultanas, cranberries or currants to the mix. These are divine served warm, with butter.
|¼ cup||Olive oil|
|1 cup||Low-fat yoghurt, plain|
|¼ cup||Lemon juice|
|Zest of||1 lemon|
|2 cups||Self raising flour (Main)|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Heat oven to 200C with rack just below the middle.
- Stir the sugar, oil, egg, salt, yoghurt, zest and lemon juice together with a fork or whisk, until thoroughly mixed.
- Sift flour over the mixture and fold everything together until the flour is just mixed in but do not mix until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into 12 regular or 24 mini muffin pans which have been oiled.
- Bake for 10 -12 minutes or until centres spring back when pressed and muffins are lightly browned. Leave to stand for 5 minutes, then remove from pans and cool on a rack.