|85 g||Butter, unsalted if possible|
|180 g||Caster sugar|
|60 ml||Lemon juice, from about 2 lemons (Main)|
|600 ml||Plain unsweetened yoghurt (Main)|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Cut the butter into small cubes and let it come to room temperature.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs and sugar then add the lemon juice.
- Place in a small pot over a low heat. Add the lumps of butter, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Do not boil but cook out so that mixture can coat the back of the wooden spoon.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the lemon zest and leave to cool.
- Stir the yoghurt through the lemon mixture. Pour into a flat plastic dish or bowl, cover with plastic wrap and freeze.
- Remove from the freezer and place in the refrigerator, 30 minutes before you wish to serve. Serve with fresh fruit such as apricots