|16 pieces||Streaky bacon|
|8||Lamb kidneys, cleaned (Main)|
|16||Sage leaves, stems removed|
|1 handful||Runner beans|
|4||Eggs, size 5 boiled (6min)|
|4||Tomatoes, large vine, sliced|
|1 cup||Aioli, basil flavoured|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Bring 500ml of water with tbsp of sea salt to the boil.
- Drop in the kidneys and blanch for one minute then drain and refresh.
- Line the bench with a large sheet of cling film and lay out rashers of bacon.
- Cut the kidneys in half, place a sage leaf on each rasher then place half a kidney on each rasher and roll up and secure with a toothpick.
- In a frypan, heat a little cooking oil and panfry the kidneys for 2 minutes, turning as you go.
- Lay the tomatoes in a circle, season with sea salt and place the salad ingredients on top.
- Remove the toothpick and pop the sauted kidneys on and drizzle over the basil aioli and any pan juices left.