Warren Elwin puts a tricolore of kumara through their paces.
|3||Kumara, one each of gold, orange and red (Main)|
|1 pot||Canola oil, enough for frying|
|¼ cup||Flour, seasoned|
|1 sprinkle||Sea salt|
Sour cream sauce
|½ cup||Sour cream (Main)|
|1 sprinkle||Fresh herbs|
|1 dash||Lemon juice, to taste|
- Boil kumara until just cooked. Drain and chill.
- Cut them into skins or wedges, leaving 1cm of flesh with the skin.
- Heat a pot of canola oil until just smoking. Lightly dust the kumara with seasoned flour, and fry until golden.
- Drain and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Mix the sour cream sauce ingredients together and serve.