John Dory has a delicate flavour and is best fried lightly by itself in a lemon oil but if you would like to try something completely different then this is worth the effort.
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|6||John dory fillets, 4-6|
|175 g||Cheese, grated|
- Lightly fry onion in the butter until brown.
- Mix in a bowl with breadcrumbs, cheese, paprika and egg.
- Fillet and skin John Dory, wash in salt water and dab dry.
- Lay half the fillets out in a buttered baking dish. Spread half the filling over the fillets.
- Lay the rest of the fillets on top. Cover these fillets with the rest of the filling.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes in an oven preheated to 190C.