Ice with a nice lemon icing and a bit of lemon zest to garnish.
|100 g||Butter, softened|
|1 ½ cups||Flour|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|1 tsp||Baking soda|
|1 cup||Dates, chopped|
|¾ cup||Feijoas, mashed (Main)|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease an 18cm square tin. Line the base with baking paper.
- Beat together butter and sugar until light and creamy. Beat in egg.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Fold into creamed mixture.
- Stir in dates, feijoas and milk.
- Spoon mixture into prepared tin. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Leave cake in tin for 10 minutes before turning on to a wire rack to cool.
- When cool, ice with lemon icing and garnish with lemon zest.