I’ve added a tropical theme to my version of Eton mess which means it can be served for brunch without too much guilt. The kiwifruit and pineapple help to create a welcome freshness.
|1 cup||Coconut chips|
|1 ½ cups||Greek yoghurt (Main)|
|1 cup||Pineapple, fresh, chopped (Main)|
|4||Kiwifruit, peeled and cut into pieces (Main)|
|4||Meringues, use up to 6 (Main)|
|1 small handful||Mint leaves, to garnish|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Soak the dates in boiling water for 10 minutes. Then drain, reserving the juice. Blend the dates until smooth adding a little juice to get a "dolloping" texture.
- In a frying pan toast the coconut until lightly browned. Reserve a few chips for garnish.
- In a large bowl combine the yoghurt, pineapple, kiwifruit, coconut and mash in the meringues.
- Gently fold through half the date puree.
- Spoon the mess into individual bowls, sprinkle with mint leaves and serve.