You can buy duck fat from good butchers and delis, but if you don't want to use this, substitute olive oil. But it won't be nearly as good, I promise you.
|1 pot||Water, use cold water for boiling the potatoes|
|10||Baby potatoes, or small roasting potatoes (Main)|
|4 Tbsp||Duck fat|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Peel and wash some small roasting potatoes, allow up to 5 per person.
- Put these in a pot of cold salted water and bring to the boil. Cook till just before tender, drain and allow to steam dry.
- In a medium oven, place a good sized baking dish with 4 tablespoons of duck fat. When the duck fat has melted to a liquid, toss in the dry potatoes.
- Roast until they are crispy and golden, keep moving the potatoes around as they roast.
- Before serving, drain off any excess fat or oil and pop the potatoes back into the oven to finish crisping for a moment or two.
- I garnished the potatoes with chopped parsley and sliced garlic, but this is optional.