This custard pie recipe makes about 36 mini-muffin pan pies or six 12cm pies.
|1 sheet||Sweet shortcrust pastry, thawed (Main)|
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|1 ½ cups||Milk|
|1 pinch||Nutmeg, freshly grated, or ground cinnamon|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Heat oven to 200C.
- Press out sweet shortcrust pastry on a floured surface. Using cookie cutters, cut pastry rounds to fit your pans.
- Gently press pastry into pans, and rest in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Beat eggs, sugar, salt and the scraped seeds from the vanilla pod until smooth.
- Whisk in milk and cream. Pour mixture into pastry shells, top with nutmeg or cinnamon.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the custards are wobbly but firm in the middle.