This recipe comes from Onehunga High School student Abigail Rapana. Abby and her team mate Emmanuel Lee were the 2015 Auckland regional winners of the National Secondary Schools Culinary Competition. She says: "This dish is one that we developed at school for the regional and national competitions. It won the competition in the NZ Chefs National Salon and everybody who tried it loved it. I thought it would be something that Bite readers might like to enjoy too."
|1 small||Brown onion, diced|
|1 clove||Garlic, crushed|
|1 small||Red capsicum, diced|
|8 large||Portobello mushrooms, diced (Main)|
|1 tsp||Smoked paprika|
|¼ cup||Parsley, chopped|
|1 cup||Dry white wine|
|1 cup||Vegetable stock|
|400 g||Fettuccine (Main)|
|1 pot||Creme fraiche, to serve|
|1 handful||Microgreens, to serve|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Place a saucepan on to boil for the pasta. Add a pinch of salt to the water
- Heat butter and oil in pan over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes taking care not to brown.
- Add capsicum to cook for a few minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 2 more minutes. Stir through smoked paprika and parsley.
- Add wine and stock. Bring to the boil, then turn down to a low simmer. Cook to reduce liquid by half.
- Add cream and let simmer on low to reduce and thicken.
- Place pasta on to boil. Drain when cooked
- Serve pasta topped with mushroom sauce. Garnish with crème fraiche and microgreens.