|2 Tbsp||Blanched almonds, roughly chopped|
|250 g||Conchiglie, or orecchiette (Main)|
|½ small||Cauliflower, main stem discarded, chopped into 5-10mm pieces (Main)|
|1 clove||Garlic, sliced|
|1 Tbsp||Thyme leaves|
|¼ cup||Grana padano, grated (Main)|
|1 Tbsp||Chopped parsley, for serving|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Spread chopped almonds in a small roasting pan and bake at 180C for 10 minutes, stirring every 3-4 minutes to ensure even cooking. Remove from oven when golden.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and salt generously, then add pasta and cook until al dente according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile bring a smaller pot with 5cm of water to the boil, salt and add the chopped cauliflower, including any tiny rubble. Cover and blanch for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Drain into a large sieve.
- In a wide pan, place garlic, thyme leaves and butter. Cook over a medium-high heat and allow butter to foam up and then subside. Reduce heat to medium, add drained cauliflower and stir until cauliflower is well coated with butter. Add almonds and stir these in too.
- Finally add just-cooked pasta and 1 Tbsp of the cheese and gently stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and coarsely ground pepper. Serve in warmed bowls with remaining cheese and parsley in small bowls for each diner to add to taste.