|¼ cup||Sage leaves|
|1 kg||Pork rack (Main)|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|3 Tbsp||Brown sugar|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat oven to 150C. Cut deep slashes in the pork and stuff a few sage leaves in each cut. Season pork with salt and pepper.
- Heat a frying pan, add oil and brown meat all over for 5 minutes. Transfer pork to an oven pan.
- Combine cognac and brown sugar and pour half this glaze over the pork.
- Roast pork slowly for 1 hour 15 minutes, basting with remaining glaze 2-3 times during cooking.
- Serve pork thickly sliced with the juices from the pan. Roast kumara works well as a side dish.