These special occasion biscuits with their chewy combination of honey, almonds, dried fruits, spices and dark chocolate are a real treat.
|70 g||Honey (Main)|
|10 g||Mixed peel|
|110 g||Sliced almonds|
|10||Glace cherries, diced|
|¼ tsp||Ground cinnamon|
|1/8 tsp||Ground nutmeg|
|½||Lemons, finely grated zest|
|40 g||Dark chocolate (Main)|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Heat oven to 170C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Melt butter in a medium-sized pot, add honey and sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add remaining ingredients (except chocolate) and mix well to ensure a good coating of butter and sugar.
- Use a teaspoon to divide the mix into 20 even balls.
- Push the mix down with the back of a teaspoon into a round cookie cutter or metal ring to form a neat circle.
- Bake for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely on the tray.
- Heat a saucepan of water until simmering. Place a stainless steel bowl over the water, add chocolate and stir until completely melted.
- Peel the florentines off the baking paper and place a spoonful of chocolate in the centre of each one. Use the back of the spoon to completely coat with chocolate.
- Place in the fridge to cool for five minutes or until chocolate sets, then store in an airtight container.