|2||Limes, freshly zested|
|2 tsp||Chipotle salt, I used the Culley's brand, or use sea salt and ¼ tsp chilli powder or cayenne|
|2 Tbsp||Brown sugar|
|500 g||Mixed nuts, such as almonds, cashews, hazelnuts, pecans and walnuts (Main)|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Crush the lime zest, chipotle salt (or the sea salt and ¼ tsp chilli powder or cayenne) and brown sugar in a mortar and pestle until you have a smooth paste.
- Place in a bowl and whisk with egg whites until fluffy.
- Fold in the mixed nuts.
- Spread out on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Season with a little freshly ground black pepper.
- Roast in oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, add a squeeze of lime juice, cool and break into clusters.