|1 ½ kgs||Plums (Main)|
|500 g||Granny Smith apples|
|1 Tbsp||Grated ginger|
|1 Ltr||White vinegar|
|1 Tbsp||Chinese five spice|
|1 tsp||Ground chilli|
|750 g||White sugar|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Halve and stone the plums. Place in a large, heavy-based stainless-steel saucepan.
- Quarter the apples and core. Place in a food processor and coarsely chop. Add to the plums.
- Quarter the onion and place with the garlic in the food processor.
- Coarsely chop. Add to the plums, together with the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer gently for about 1 hours or until thickened.
- Stir often to prevent the mixture burning on the base.
- Pour into hot, sterilised jars and seal. Leave for about two months before use.
- Makes about 8 cups.