These delicious scrolls are also good for an after-school snack, especially straight out of the oven. Preparation: 25min. Cooking: 10min.
|2 tsp||Active dried yeast|
|½ tsp||Brown sugar|
|3 ¼ cups||Flour|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|2 cups||Tasty cheese|
|1||Egg yolk, lightly whisked|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Combine the yeast and sugar with the warm water and leave for 5 minutes until frothy.
- Combine the flour and salt in a bowl and make a well in the centre. Pour in the yeast mixture and the oil and mix well.
- Turn the dough out and knead for 10 minutes or until smooth (adding more flour if dough is sticky). Set aside in a covered oiled bowl and leave to rise for 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Roll the dough on a lightly floured surface to make a 22 x 50cm rectangle.
- Spread Marmite thinly across the dough surface.
- Mix the grated cheese with one egg and spread mixtureover the oarmite.
- Starting at a long side, roll the dough into a tight pinwheel and cut into 16 even pieces. Place scrolls on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Brush tops of scrolls with one egg yolk and bake for 10 minutes until golden and cooked.