|½ loave||Sourdough bread, sliced and cut into pieces (Main)|
|1 serving||Olive oil, for brushing|
Broad bean topping
|1 cup||Broad beans, shells removed. I used frozen ones and microwaved them, if using fresh, blanch them for a few minutes (Main)|
|1 bunch||Fresh mint|
|1 clove||Garlic, roughly chopped|
|½||Lemons, zest and juice|
|½ cup||Ricotta cheese (Main)|
|50 g||Feta, crumbled|
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 serving||Pomegranate seeds, to garnish (Main)|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat oven to 190C. On a baking tray, lay the bread slices and brush both sides with olive oil. Grill for approximately 5 minutes each side until golden and crisp. Remove from oven to cool slightly.
- Into a small food processor, place the shelled broad beans, mint, garlic and the lemon juice and zest. Blitz to form a chunky paste.
- Place broad bean mix into a bowl and add the ricotta, feta and olive oil then season with salt and pepper.
- Stir together well and adjust seasoning to taste. You may need more lemon or salt and pepper.
- Spoon on to the bread and garnish with pomegranate seeds and more mint if you like.