This is a great summer starter. It's a good idea to marinate the prawns the day before.
|2||Garlic cloves, chopped|
|1 tsp||Sesame oil|
|1||Red chilli, chopped|
|1 Tbsp||Fresh ginger, roughly chopped|
|2||Limes, 1 for zest and juice, 1 for garnish|
|¼ cup||Coriander, chopped|
|12||Prawns, large, tails left on (Main)|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- In a mortar and pestle grind the sesame oil, garlic, chilli, cumin, ginger, lime and coriander together until well combined.
- Place the prawns in a medium sized bowl. Rub the marinade over the prawns and refrigerate until needed.
- Soak the skewers in water for 30 minutes, then thread a prawn onto each skewer.
- Heat a barbecue or frying pan to a high heat, and cook for 1-2 minutes, turn and repeat on the other side.
- Serve hot with a squeeze of lime.