In partnership with Mainland
Perfectly roasted potatoes, with a Mainland Parmesan crust to ramp up the festivities this Christmas.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook time: 60 mins
|Baby potatoes, halved
|Mainland Grated Parmesan
|Plain Greek yoghurt
|Spring onion, finely chopped
|salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Take each halved potato and use a sharp knife to make a diagonal criss cross cut across the flat side, half a centimetre deep.
- Place the Parmesan, garlic powder and salt in a small food processor and blitz to a sand-like texture.
- Drizzle olive oil into a large roasting tray and spread it out to cover the base.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan mixture evenly over the base of the roasting tray. Place the potatoes into the tray, cut side down, pressing into the Parmesan. Bake for 45-55 minutes until the potatoes are cooked and the Parmesan is golden and crunchy.
- While the potatoes bake, mix the sour cream and Greek yoghurt with a pinch each of salt and pepper, then stir through the spring onion.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, remove them from the oven and allow them to rest for 5-10 minutes. Use a spatula to scrape and break up the Parmesan-encrusted potatoes. Place in a serving bowl alongside the spring onion dipping sauce.
The Mainland Special Reserve range is available at supermarkets and retailers nationwide. For this and more Mainland recipes to make and share, head to nzherald.co.nz/eatwell