HUM! How about a little fun?
Join in with your ideas and brainstorming and add to these 30 productivity uses for your smartphone camera:
1. Capture whiteboard and meeting notes. This will allow you to participate in the meeting instead of being distracted taking notes.
2. Likewise when you are at a conference workshop or training session; take a photo of an important slide.
3. Snap the Google or Apple Map while you're in wifi; for when you're not!
4. Photo your coat check, your baggage receipts.
5. Keep a record of important warranties and passwords (such as wifi, computer and software certificate of ownership)
6. Before and after photos. Hair. Renovations. Autobody. Colours...
7. Problems you're having with xxx - your car, the vacuum.
8. Buying one screw? Take a pic of the bar code on the shelf to show the cashier.
9. Before shopping photo the specific one you want - salad dressing.
10. To remember details - specific items to buy, brand of cat food, your couch to match colours when out shopping....
11. Video your home for content and dwelling insurance records.
12. Your belongings in your suitcase before going off on a trip.
13. When moving, take photos of the contents of boxes so you know what is in them.
14. Where you parked.
15. Photo the inside of your refrigerator and pantry before you go shopping.
16. Likewise if you hand write your shopping list, take a photo in case it gets lost.
17. Can't find your glasses? Use your phone's camera to help you see more clearly to find them..
18. Scanning documents, paperwork. This can then be emailed to someone else for data entry.
19. Write a motivational note and snap it or take a motivational one for your lock screen.
20. When you're out shopping without the kids - send them the photo to see if they want it before you buy.
21. Use the Video - to record how-to's.
22. Create a photobook of your work to give to prospects - for example hairstyles. Landscape designs. Automobile graphics.
23. Snap expense receipts for input into your online accounting software (Xero, MYOB)
24. When you're travelling, and staying in numerous hotels, take a photo of your door with the room number.
25. Take a photo of a recipe before going to the supermarket so you don't miss any of the ingredients.
26. Photograph a magazine article so you can finish reading it later.
27. Photograph a tape measure showing the length/height/dimension of the item in interest so you don't need to write down the measurements.
28. Forgotten your reading glasses when you're out to dinner? Take a photo of the menu and zoom in to make your choice. (no one even notices, it looks like you're checking messages)
29. Travelling overseas and heading out for a big night on the town? Photograph your hotel and your hotel room door showing the room number! If you don't speak the language, taxi drivers can look at the photo and get you home to the right hotel.
30. When you loan something to a friend, take a photo of them with the loan item - so you can remember who you loaned it to & when.